Thursday, September 8, 2011

WTF?

Oh man. Here's another WTF item you can buy from Sheplers made by Cripple Creek. There's so much wrong with this dress I'm not even sure where to start. Definitely not western. Definitely not country. The graphic is trendy-ish, in that way we see so much of around here, with those lovely foil accents. But the way that lace up the side is screaming hair metal and the distressed vaguely acid washed look of the whole thing puts this dress in a class by itself, a class that could perhaps be called 'meth-addled trashy fashion 101.'

This is one Cripple Creek I ain't goin' up. In fact, I'd be goin' on a run away from this hideous skanky creation. I'm not at all familiar with this brand, so I can only hope this was a solitary bad release- the world doesn't need anything else of this nature, ever.

2 comments:

  1. We call those "Buckle Bunnies" Which is a nice way of saying "Skanky Western Ho"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought "Buckle Bunnies" were more narrowly defined than "skanky western ho". I've only heard it in connection with rodeo groupies. Though I suppose there's not that much of a difference there, is there?

    I still don't get what makes this dress for a western ho instead of a regular ho... beyond the boots, anyway. Crop the photo differently and you've got yourself a pretty solid MMA groupie look. Or maybe it's a Bret Michaels groupie look. It's horrible either way.

    ReplyDelete