Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Reality Check

I'm having a hard time finding much western wear I dig that doesn't have the label "retro" or "vintage style"- but I guess that's what this blog is about. I want to make it clear that I'm not against all things modernly western and I'm not advocating companies only make strictly traditional western wear, I just like my western wear to be, you know, recognizably western.



Here's a Scully shirt I think blends new and old with good results. Sheplers labels it retro, but the decorative metal studs point to the influence of more current trends while still maintaining the essential western feel. I'm a huge fan of Scully shirts, especially the ones that are retro, but this one does it for me too. You won't see this brand show up on this blog on most days- they don't crank out garbage like so many companies do and I haven't seen anything terrible from them yet. I hope it stays that way. Scully makes a mean western shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment