Friday, September 16, 2011

Let's talk 90's.

If there ever was a decade of complete insanity in western wear to rival current times, it had to the 90's. There were tons of goofy shirts made then, many that look absolutely hilarious to us today, but there's one big difference between then and now. 90's western fashion was obviously influenced by mainstream fashion trends but it remained western.

Here's a doozy of a shirt, modeled by the man of 90's, Mr. Garth Brooks. 90's fashion trends are all over the place here. Color blocking? Yep. Bold colors? Yep. Goofy collar? Maybe, I can't tell, but I wouldn't be surprised. But western? Yeah, it is. It's ugly, but that western feel is there.











I had to track this one down, it was Brooks and Dunn brand and was one of my favorite shirts about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a great picture of this style online, but I remember it well. Looking at it now- well, I'm sure there are plenty of 3 wolf moon shirt fans who'd rock this shirt (with irony, of course), but most of us wouldn't touch it. I think it's pretty safe to call it a western shirt though, albeit a very dated, odd one.

No comments:

Post a Comment