Sunday, November 27, 2011

A vest by any other name

Let's be clear here, because this is just silly. A shrug is a type of extremely short open fronted jacket with long sleeves.

Cowgirl Kim's list of sins just keeps growing. They pawn off all sorts of non-western items as things as western and now they're pawning dorky ass vests off as "shrugs." Yes, I know that the term vest conjures up all sorts of ugly in many people's minds- the Christmas vest, the school teacher vest- all tragic (but at least humorously so) examples. But just like calling something western does not make it so, calling a vest a shrug doesn't make it one.

Not a shrug.
Also not a shrug.

I also wanted to take a moment to make note of the fact that Cowgirl Kim's website is one of the worst I've run across in ages. It's cluttered, hard to navigate, and OMG the GIF sparkles on the modified 1980's nail salon looking graphics make me want to shoot myself in the face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment