Friday, November 25, 2011

Authentic

I want to take a moment today to talk about those makers and retailers who sell roots western wear. In some ways, you really can't get more western than what they make/sell because most of what we see today grew from there. At the same time, a lot of what they sell isn't exactly wearable in a day to day modern world way. Sure, there are some folks out there who can pull this look off as their style, but for most of us, we'd end up looking like we're part of some fringe fundamentalist group if we dressed this way.

Still, I'm glad this stuff exists. It makes me pause and think that perhaps the fans of this stuff think what I see as good modern western wear as just as impure and bad as the products/trends I talk trash about. And there probably are people out there who feel that way- but that's good. I'm sure I could have a darn good conversation with those folks too.

What do you folks think of really really real western wear?

From Wild West Mercantile (I bought my first Scully shirt from this company many years ago!)
All are made by Frontier Classics.






From CattleKate, a little bit more modern-


1 comment:

  1. I gotta be honest, I love this kind of stuff. The skirt in the first picture.... I wish to high heaven i was flat bellied enough to make that work. And the entire second outfit... love it. I would wear that for real. But lets be honest here, I'm into black powder gun clubs and rendezvous. That right there warps my sense of style a tad bit.


    i REALLLLY love that second outfit. the white detailing..... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete