Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nice western from mainstream companies

A few days ago, we featured some pretty decent looking western shirts made by Affliction, and over the years at my store, I've run across nice western shirts from many unexpected brands. Does it irk me sometimes that the nicest shirts I find are often from companies who aren't really making western wear? A little bit. It seems silly to me, but the fact remains that most brands have put out some kind of western shirt at some point or another and some of those have been very nice shirts. Many of them are making nicer western shirts than western wear companies are. Who are these companies? Today we'll look at a few brands you'll find in nearly every single shopping mall in the US.


The Gap


I run across these fairly often in my store. They've all been very well made, simple, plain and classically western. They usually have a style or two each season and I think that's been true for quite a few years. I've never run across a Gap western shirt that I haven't liked.

A step down from Gap, Old Navy has also put out a ton of nice western shirts. And I've had a handful of really nice ones from Banana Republic too.








Express

Pretty much the same story as the Gap. Well made, simple, straight forward western shirts. Nicely tailored and constructed.















Guess

Guess doesn't currently have any adult western shirts on their website, but trust me, I've seen a bunch and they're nice.

They've got this incredibly cute kids shirt on their website right now. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment