Sunday, October 2, 2011

Haven't I seen you somewhere before?

I'm sure it will surprise no one that I'm a big fan of Regretsy. I might have seen this very item on there, it looked familiar when I first saw it today... If not, I've certainly seen gobs of similar stuff there.

I stumbled upon this item on Modern Cowgirl.

It's out of stock there, but I can tell you lots of other places to buy it. But as always, the real issue at hand is not where you can get this thing, but why would someone include it in their "western/cowgirl" store? I know I'm not the only one who thinks this pendant has nothing at all to do with things western, no one else who's selling it dares to call it that.

Etsy #1 called it a vintage sixties necklace.
Etsy #2 also it vintage, fashionable and useful.
Etsy #3 calls it 70's or 80's vintage.

And so on. Only a crazy person would call this western. There is nothing. NOTHING. about it that makes it western.

No comments:

Post a Comment